In 2016 The Connacht Whiskey Co. Ltd.® (CWC) laid down the first casks of whiskey to be produced in Mayo in over 150 years. With malted barley from Hook Peninsula, pure Irish water & winds driven in from the Atlantic Ocean, this is a whiskey that has been heavily influenced by Ireland’s maritime climate & every bottle we will release has been Crafted by the Atlantic™ at our distillery in County Mayo. In addition, the company produces a range of award-winning spirits including Conncullin® Irish Gin, Straw Boys® Vodka & Poitín as well as Ballyhoo® Irish Whiskey.
Exporting to markets including the USA, Russia, Germany, Italy & with additional markets in the pipeline, 2021 is set to be the most exciting yet for CWC as we launch the first single malt distilled and matured at our home in Ballina. We recently appointed Bevella, the alcohol distribution arm of Primeline Group, as our exclusive distributor for the entire island of Ireland so you will be joining us as we are poised for significant growth.
To manage the Distillery Visitor Centre with the aim of ensuring outstanding visitor experiences. As part of our reopening post COVID, the VCSSM will be required to work with the Commercial & Operations teams to ensure that the visitor centre & bar are prepared to the highest standard in advance of welcoming guests again. In addition, the VCSSM will be responsible for the training & management of any tour guides recruited to join the team. They will work with the Commercial team to promote the distillery as a visitor attraction & preparing agreed pitches to drive footfall.
In the Sales Support aspect of the role, you will be responsible for supporting the broader Commercial team by fulfilling sample requests, providing marketing support to distributor partners where required, fulfilling website sales & managing communication with our Cask Club members and any private clients as directed.
• Ensure the presentation of the Visitor Centre is to the highest standard at all times
• Ensure that Health & Safety regulations are adhered to at all times & that administration is completed accurately
• Daily maintenance of the public spaces including rest rooms, reception, bar & board room
• Oversee retail operations including the visitor centre store, fulfilment of website sales, stock control & management of the EPOS system in collaboration with our agency partners & other members of the Commercial team
• Act as contact point for commercial/tourism enquiries
• Lead management of all third-party/external functions including administrative & operational aspects
• Partner with Finance to ensure that all necessary functions have been completed in relation to the visitor centre and retail offering
• Support the Distillery Manager & Office Manager with the implementation of the company’s Health & Safety policy, including management of Emergency Plans
• Partner with the Distillery Manager to identify the regular maintenance required in the Visitor Centre, Bar & external areas of the site to ensure a high standard of presentation including undertaking any daily maintenance required
• Training of any tour guides or other staff as directed
• Delivery of tours & building on our award-winning tour experience
• Supporting the Commercial Team via the timely provision of samples & data
• Management of Communication with our Cask Club Members & engagement with Private Clients
• Partnering with local businesses, particularly in the tourism space
• Liaising with distributor partners to provide marketing support and data as required
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
• A keen interest in Irish whiskey and world whiskies more generally
• Strong influencing & partnering abilities
• A team player given the interdependence of this role on other functional areas
• Bachelor’s degree or experience in retail management /preferred
• European language other than English
• Full, clean driving license
Applicants should send a cover letter outlining why they would be the perfect candidate to tell our story, along with their CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is June 2nd at 5pm
The Connacht Whiskey Co. Ltd.® Is an equal opportunities employer.
For the facts visit www.drinkaware.ie
Download as PDF