- Sort by Default Order
- Hand-bottled at Connacht’s distillery in the rugged west of Ireland, Ballyhoo Irish Whiskey embodies the best of the word’s meaning: an exclamation of triumph over the rival team; a rallying cry between lifelong friends; a toast to a difficult journey or a hard-fought victory.Ballyhoo begins as a sourced Irish whiskey with a mash bill of 93% corn imported from France and 7% malted barley that we bring to our distillery to further age and finish in used port barrels from Portugal. This second step softens the grain whiskey and rounds out the flavour into an easy sipper. We do not add artificial colour or caramel, so the product remains quite light in appearance, but with some reddish undertones from the port.
- Batch 1 is the first whiskey to come off our own copper pot stills. It has been patiently matured for four years, when our distillers judged it to be ready for appreciation by whiskey lovers.This small batch, double distilled Single Malt is made from 100% malted Irish barley, aged in ex-bourbon casks and finished in Jerez casks.
Tasting notes:First Aromas Raisins and dried fruits, followed by a honey sweetness with notes of fudge and butterscotch with an almond nuttiness and hints of star anise.On the Palate Vanilla and spices compliment notes of dried fruits and malt.The Finish Warming and full bodied with lingering walnuts and honey.
- Conncullin Irish Gin is a small batch pot distilled gin, handcrafted at the Connacht Distillery in Ballina. Co. Mayo.The inspiration for the name Conncullin comes from the two Mayo lakes Lough Conn & Lough Cullin, where the distillery’s water source originates. The beautiful bottle design is also inspired by the clear water of the lakes.A smooth and mellow gin, Conncullian is ideal for savouring on the rocks, and also lends itself perfectly to being paired with an artisanal tonic. Try garnishing with a wedge of grapefruit for a refreshing change of paceTaste profile:Conncullin Irish Gin is made from a variety of carefully selected botanicals including elderberry flower and hawthorn berry. We infuse all of our botanicals in the pot still which allows the release and capture of each essence, providing a unique level of depth and complexity.Conncullin is a big and bold gin, bursting with flavour; wild fruits, juniper and citrus peel with subtle spice.Suggested serve:A smooth and mellow gin, Conncullian is ideal for savouring on the rocks, and also lends itself perfectly to being paired with an artisanal tonic. Try garnishing with a wedge of grapefruit for a refreshing change of pace.
- 350mlWhile waiting for our own Connacht Whiskey to mature, we occasionally find a particularly fine Irish Whiskey, which we bring to the consumer under the label of Spade and Bushel.Taste Profile: On the palate burst of green apple, pear and grass perked up with herbaceous and menthol notes, plus a hint of smoke smoothed with fleeting honey and vanilla sweetness.
- Marsala EditionThis single malt Irish whiskey is aged in premium bourbon casks for 12 years, then finished in artisan sweet marsala wine casks from Sicily, for an additional 2 years. Our distillers have carefully monitored this secondary maturation, to craft a seamless balance between the sweet marsala casks and the richness of the mature Spade & Bushel single malt.Taste profile:This limited release has matured revealing bold, fruity flavours and a lingering finish. This fine whiskey combines the pleasant sweetness of mandarin and cranberry with the smooth flavours of vanilla, nutmeg and oak.
- Amarone EditionThis single malt Irish Whiskey is aged in premium bourbon casks for four years, then finished in artisan Amarone wine casks from the Veneto region of Italy. Our distillers carefully monitor this second maturation to craft a seamless balance between the Amarone notes and the sweet, fruity character of the Spade and Bushel single malt.Taste Profile: This limited release dances on the palate with our signature barley sweetness shining through layers of complexity. With a medium, smooth body for easy drinking, this fine whiskey boasts notes of plum, oak, and vanilla with a soft nutmeg and cranberry finish.
- The name “Straw Boys” celebrates the traditions of family, friends, and neighbours inherent in the history of Ireland’s spirit distilling. Crashing parties, particularly weddings, is a long-standing tradition, and in the west of Ireland wedding crashers were known as “straw boys.”Straw boys would obscure their faces with large conical hats made of straw, pop into the reception, dance with the bride and groom, have a quick drink, and then be on their way. The appearance of straw boys at a wedding was a sign of good luck for the couple. It is with this same rambunctious joy we present Straw Boys Irish Vodka.To outsiders, the humble potato is often synonymous with Ireland, so using them to make Irish vodka makes sense. However, Connacht Distillery is located in western Ireland where potato farming is not particularly prevalent, so we opted to use wheat as the base of our vodka. It is batch distilled in copper pot stills and hand bottled at our distillery.Taste profile:Straw Boys Irish Vodka has a rich mouthfeel that is luscious, silky and semi-sweet. Deliciously smooth with a hint of pepper and a lingering sweetness.
- The name “Straw Boys” celebrates the traditions of family, friends, and neighbours inherent in the history of Ireland’s spirit distilling. Crashing parties, particularly weddings, is a long-standing tradition, and in the west of Ireland wedding crashers were known as “straw boys.”Straw boys would obscure their faces with large conical hats made of straw, pop into the reception, dance with the bride and groom, have a quick drink, and then be on their way. The appearance of straw boys at a wedding was a sign of good luck for the couple. It is with this same rambunctious joy we present Straw Boys Poitín.Poitín, pronounced "put’cheen," is unaged white whiskey that has been distilled illicitly in the Irish countryside for decades. We craft our poitín at the Connacht Distillery in beautiful copper pot stills and use a traditional malted barley base for the mash. Although the alcohol content of poitín is often very high, often 60% - 90%, ours is more restrained at 45%.Taste profile:Aromas of gravel, bamboo, tap water and birch beer, with a soft, crisp, bone-dry light body and a tingling, interesting, medium-long orange peels, anise, white tea and menthol finish (Beverage Tasting Institute, 94 point rating, 2017)Light and sweet with a soft finish, Straw Boys Poitin makes the perfect base for a delicious cocktail.