Location: Dublin (home based)
Leader: Brand Manager / Brand Director
In 2016 The Connacht Whiskey Co. Ltd.® (CWC) laid down the first casks of whiskey to be produced in Mayo in over 150 years. With malted barley from Hook Peninsula, pure Irish water & winds driven in from the Atlantic Ocean, this is a whiskey that has been heavily influenced by Ireland’s maritime climate & every bottle we will release has been Crafted by the AtlanticTM at our distillery in County Mayo. In addition, the company produces a range of award-winning spirits including Conncullin® Irish Gin, Straw Boys® Vodka & Poitín as well as Ballyhoo® Irish Whiskey.
Exporting to markets including the USA, Russia, Germany, Italy & with additional markets in the pipeline, 2021 is set to be the most exciting yet for CWC as we launch the first single malt distilled and matured at our home in Ballina. We recently appointed Bevella, the alcohol distribution arm of Primeline Group, as our exclusive distributor for the entire island of Ireland so you will be joining us as we are poised for significant growth.
To embody the brand and the values of the brand, forging connections to our target audiences with authenticity, passion & credibility.
Our Brand Ambassador will identify and build relationships with those who have influence in each audience: consumer, trade, media.
Our Brand Ambassador is a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual able to manage an intense travel schedule and execute a wide variety of activities on behalf of the brand.
- Attend, network and forge relationships with the consumer set in your market(s) consumer events. Primary market will be Ireland for this role.
- Create and/or deliver brand experiences to consumers directly at events (live or virtual) providing education on brand, category and lifestyle around brand
- Build relationships with key bartenders and other On/Off Trade opinion formers, to inspire advocacy and to educate on the brand
- Support commercial team and on-premise specialists to identify and develop relationships with key accounts and deliver against KPIs for such accounts
- Build a strong & productive relationship with the Bevella team in our key home market
- Be the face of the brand for PR opportunities in market across trade and consumer press
- Forge and nurture relationships with journalists
- Deliver tastings, interviews and host media on distillery trips where appropriate.
- Establish and develop a credible social media presence in line with brand’s positioning
- Collect market and competitive set intelligence and share with colleagues internally as well as with distributor partners in regular updates.
- Contribute to brand planning sessions bringing brand and category expertise as well as creative ideas
- Be the face of the brand and source of Brand knowledge to our internal teams (and agencies) embodying the brand at all times
|Skills and Qualifications: Essential: Excellent communication skills, verbal & written Spirits industry knowledge & experience A keen interest in Irish whiskey and world whiskies more generally Strong influencing & partnering abilities A team player Full clean driving license Desirable: Bachelor’s degree preferred European language other than English|
|Applicants should send a cover letter outlining why they would be the perfect candidate to tell our story, along with their CV, to email@example.com The closing date for applications is April 20th at 5pm The Connacht Whiskey Co. Ltd.® Is an equal opportunities employer.|