Connacht Whiskey Ltd., Ballina, Co Mayo is focused on production and sale of premium craft distilled spirits. We are looking to expand our full-time production team with a General Production Operative / Assistant Distiller position. Ideal applicant should demonstrate a background in general maintenance as well as a desire to be trained for a long-term career in the distilled spirits industry with a passion for innovation. Applicant should have a strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- General Facility Maintenance & Organization
- Grain Handling & Milling
- Blending of spirits
- Cleaning Processes
- Basic Laboratory Analysis
- Production Record Keeping
The role of General Production Operative / Assistant Distiller will involve working with and assisting the distillers with the day-to-day operations at the distillery. As well as being responsible for general maintenance activities, s/he will get training in aspects of brewing, distilling, cask management, bottling and quality control.
The candidate will be part of an operations team and should be a team player and be willing to take direction and guidance from more experienced members of the team.
The role can be physical at times and would include lifting 25kg drum of liquid and bags of malt as well as manipulating both full and empty casks.
The successful candidate will work with the team to ensure all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed, quality is maintained, and data is recorded accurately.
The candidate should have the following attributes:
- Be a team player,
- Be willing to learn and develop,
- Positive attitude,
- Be practically minded,
- Have good numeracy skills / mathematical ability,
- Have science and / or engineering knowledge / background,
- Have high level of attention to detail,
- Previous experience in food or pharmaceutical manufacturing would be an advantage,
- A science or engineering qualification would be an advantage.
Salary: EUR c.€32k
Location: Ballina, Co Mayo
Job Type: Permanent
We are accepting CVs until end of April, 2021. Please submit a cover letter, with your up-to-date CV, and two references available for contact.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Fork Lift experience – preferred
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to stand on feet for duration of workday.
- Lift 25kgs repeatedly